Saturday, October 19, 2013

Not Your Mother's Hair

Hair care products are always on current rotation on my shelves, due to my difficult tresses. A lot of products tend to just have pretty packaging and claims that don't measure up.  Even if a product comes recommended, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will work everyone.

I have to admit that the packaging is part of the reason I purchased the product. I heard about Not Your Mother's products from several beauty gurus on YouTube, namely MissMeganMakeup, who recommended two out of three products. I did purchase the Sea Salt Beach Waves Spray but I have not used it. I purchased these products back in the summer and I have to say these products are definitely worth checking out.


The first time I used this product it worked wonders on my hair, loose waves, barely any frizz and just worked like a dream. When you get out of the the shower, your supposed to towel dry your hair and apply the product to your hair. I usually run my fingers through my hair and twist it down, trying to make it longer as opposed to scrunching it. This way I can make waves in my hair instead of tight curls, which I prefer. There are a couple negatives for me with this product, namely that to get the product to work the way you want it, you have to completely towel dry your hair, which for me can take up to half an hour. Also the smell is a very strong grape medicine smell so if you have sensitivity to smells it may not be for you. But all and all this product works well for me and I would definitely recommend it .



 I have only recent gotten on the dry shampoo bandwagon since I thought if I used it my hair would curl back into it's crazy natural state. After discovering it did not I did buy a couple of them, so I don't have a lot of compare it to. I tried one other dry shampoo and they both have things I like and things I dislike. The Not Your Mother's has a much better smell (more of clean and fresh smell) and there is very little to no white residue. However the formula itself is thicker than the other shampoo I have which makes my hair have more volume. Some people may enjoy that but I have naturally thick hair so I don't really need anymore of that. I would recommend the Dove Dry Shampoo over this one strictly based the formula but I will still be using this one when I run out of the other.


This is last product and the one I haven't used as much as the other products but enough to write a decent review. This product to me is a bit of  fancy pants product doesn't do a whole lot but I still really like it. The main reason for that is that it smells almost exactly like pina colada's, which is basically one of my favourite smells and alcoholic beverage. I have used the spray a few times and it does give my hair a nice glossy finish and makes it smell awesome. So happy with this product!

These products are available in drugstores in the United States but if you are in Canada have to purchase it off Amazon and unfortunately they only have five not your mother's products right now (the Clean Freak is not up right now). If you look on the official site for the brand  there are a wide range of products and travel size versions. So if your a Canadian like me definitely look out for the products in drugstores if you ever travel to the states.

Talk to you soon lovely little dreamers,

Carly Pearl

Twitter: @WDGypsy
Instagram: @welldressedgypsy
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WellDressedGypsy
Pinterest: Carly Pearl (WDGypsy)
Tumblr: Welldressedgypsy
Please follow me on Bloglovin for updates of when I post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment